Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ADD fashon.

I'm randomly really into vests right now. I know, I know, everybody's into vests right now, so it's not really my finding, but they can be EVERYTHING. A top-er to pull something together, worn by itself in a sexy look (See Kate Hudson's picture), they can look professional/dressy or they can make your outfit be calm and chillaxed. I'm just diggin vests. I just wish there were more that didn't make you look like your boxy librarian, or cheep ones that fit the bigger breasted people. But I still love them.

Yes I know, scarves aren't my idea either, but I'm adoring them right now! patterns or solids, bright colors, funky buttons and fringe, they instantly add a style factor. Currently, I'm loving cream and dark grays, mostly neutral colors that can compliment and give a cozy sense. I love how brave guys wear scarves. (although some try and kind of fail.. haha). And there are SO many ways you can wear them! around the neck in multiple ways, but you can mix it up too! As a belt, as a headband, an add on to your bag, around the arm, I love getting different with it. And you can wear them almost year round! Thick, furry, warm ones for those cold winter walks, fabric-y for the spring and fall, and light airy ones for the summer. You can go wrong when wearing scarves. Well, I lied. you actually can go really wrong with scarves.... so watch it. =)

Come on, can you blame me if knee socks have always been a trend? You can blame anything from Japanese culture, high school uniforms, or the British. And I know there a big hit now, but leave me be. I can go around with he rest of the world loving them. Colored tights too, but I'm not as big on them as socks. Leg warmers oh my goodness can you stand it?! anything yo keep my footies warm and stylish. I like original colors like blacks, grays, whites can get preppy, but cream and navy is gold with the right look. And tights? With bold colors you have to be able to make a statement, which I like doing, but not a screaming statement. Try peaches, mauves (pinky-purples), plums, light navy and subtle greens. I like those best on me, but colors are completely your choice. Jewel tones are always pretty too. And dare I say, Patterns? Patterns, like bold colors, are a statement. and you have to be wary of what your pairing it up with. But in the long run, I'm a great fan with not so great legs to wear them with. Oh well.

Currently I have an adoration with Military-esque Jackets with the rivets and all that wonderful fun stuff that comes with it. Whether long, (like the picture I took of myself in TJMaxx) or short with a fun zipper and pockets. I adore the big rivets, in gold or silver, or fun stitching on the edges. The greens, gray and blacks are great, even great in a girly purple. I've seen them with furry hoods and in patterns like plaid and army print. very versatile. I guess they're just sweet like that. And the BAD ARSE factor of course.

Anything Lacey with a Victorian style make things so classy and sexy. It's tight and refined, but it can be modified in so many different ways. You can dress it black and make it a bit emo/goth, or you could go for a sassy blazer/vest, or loose with some jeans and a sun hat. The high neck looks great peeking up from under almost any type of sweatshirt or jacket. makes you feel all fancy inside without donning a dress.

What can I feed my hippie side with without resorting to tye-dye? Flare Jeans. I'm digging they're groovey style and kinda layed back look. I must say, I'm COMPLEATLY over the skinny jeans, guys wearing girl pants, and all that aweful hubub. And I'm still searching for those perfect bell bottoms that everybody envys. makes you feel a bit retro, and I love that retro feeling. it just makes me happy.










ERRRRRRMMMM. This is taking a long time to find pictures and write up a paragraph...

I also like:

Big Glasses Frames.
Ankle Boots.
Floral Prints.
Big Buttons.
Henna.
Face Paint. (long story...)
erm. yea.



1 comment:

ParonomAsian said...

Dude, vests. are. awesome. Welcome to, like, my world.

I wish I had the audacity to wear vests, but I don't think I could pull it off without coming off as some sort of pomous jackass. lol

If I wore a scary i'd have to be relatively simple/plain, and really fucking big. Like, covering half of my face, n' shit, and even then, it would flow down to my legs.

FUCK YEAH, LARGE SCARVES. Awesome.

Black and white are the two best colours ever, along with dark colours.

Gray? Not so much, unless it's a dark or light gray. Deadpan middle gray is yucky, at least for me.

Dude. Knee socks. Gross. But ankle socks are gross, too.

What I do is wear knee socks, but keep them at the ankles. IDK, I can't stand it when my socks 'fit'. They have to be loose.

And, zomgs, peterpan!

YES! YES! YES! THOSE. JACKETS. ARE. AWESOME. :D.
Haha, you can probably find one with fur in Mat's closet xD

FINALLY! You [along with Laura] seem to be the only ones who see the awesome that is victorian clothes! Sadly, modern-wise... they don't really make them for men, anymore... and that makes me sad.

I want cuffs, dammit.

IDK about the last one. Mostly because I just wear straight up jeans. And they're for women.