Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Great Thing.

Something romantically cute has happened.



My Uncle Howie, dear lord has been alone for a long time. If it give you a sense, my mother just turned 50, and he's her older brother. But he's not one of those creepy loner folk. He Has his own, great, business, two adorable golden retrievers (and has never lived without dogs), loves the outdoors (hes always camping and kayaking and all that), slightly bald but not bad looking, very giving, and he can cook as good as my mother (which is damn good by the way!). He's had girlfriends, but he's always loved this one woman, Joann.



Years and years ago, back when my grandparents were alive, he proposed to her. she declined, and married another man less then a year later. It was really sad. Not only holidays, but many random occasions and days he would be over at my house, for dinner and wine and conversation.



Well, yesterday, he proposed to her again (between then and yesterday, she has a kid my age and has been married twice). the romantic part is my Uncle kept the same ring as before and she said YES.



It made me happy. My lonely Uncle has his true love (again). And it's a great thing.

No comments: